Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Imitating Pivot table's context awareness

Not my area of Expertise, but there is an Oreilly book "subclassing and
hooking with VB", so I have not doubt it is possible.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

Tom Ogilvy

"R Avery" wrote in message
Thanks.

By the way, how would i Sub-class Excel? Is this possible to do with VB?

Tom Ogilvy wrote:

I would suspect your special features would be limited to what you can

write
in VBA and what is available to you in the object model.

locking the cells, protecting the sheet and setting enableselection to
xlUnlockedCells would do a reasonable approximation to one aspect that

you
described (as an example).

But you basic statement of instantiating application events and using

the
change event is seems reasonable. Of course if you want to subclass

excel
and hook into the windows message que and so forth, that would give you
greater control.