Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jake Marx[_3_] Jake Marx[_3_] is offline

Default Can you tell how Excel is launched?

Hi Gail,

Gail Hurn wrote:
We have an Excel add-in. We would like to know if the application is
started from the menu by the user or started by another Office
application. Is using the ConnectMode parameter in the OnConnection
call the best way to do this?

Not sure this will help, but look at the UserControl property of the
Application object. Note that this will only give you a definitive answer
if the app was created programmatically AND is hidden.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com