Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jas M Jas M is offline

Default Calculate accuracy of original estimate

Hi,
Does anyone have a formula for judging the accuracy of an
initial estimated number against the final result?

e.g. if the estimate was 4 and final result is 5 then the
estimate was 75% accurate.

e.g. if the estimate was 6 and final result is 2 then the
estimate was 33% accurate.

The third scenario I need to cater for is where the
original estimate was 0 and then the final result was 1.
If I use the formula '1-d6/d3' then I get "#DIV/0!"
because you can't divide 1 by 0... The result I am
expecting is -(minus)100%. Similarly, if the original
estimate was 0 and the final result is 2 then the result
should be -(minus)200%

So, does anyone know how I can alter the formula to
accommodate this scenario? (for your reference, the full
formula that I have in the cell is 'IF(D3+D50,1-D6/D3,"")'

I would be most grateful for help as it is driving me
round the bend!

Thanks
Jas