Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
George J George J is offline

Default Open workbook-macros enabled, opening another with macros

It probably all boils down to my poor coding and lack of
experience.

This is the first time i have used userforms and as my
workbook worked on its own, wanted to keep it working.
Will have a look at some of the code when i'm not
brainfried. I tried using OLE Automation (i think) in a
message you replied to yesterday but it wasn't running the
workbook.open command so that was why i went with
shell "excel.exe"

http://search.communities.microsoft....roups/previewF
rame.asp?
ICP=prod_office&sLCID=US&sgroupURL=microsoft.publi c.excel.p
rogramming&sMessageID=%253C146201c49bed%24306c87f0 %
%253E

I was concerned that if the user already had documents
open i will not be able to get them to close them down and
serious screwups could result. That is why i am trying to
get it started in a new application.
But i think you are right and i should be able to
reference the wb the changes are to be made in. I think
right now i have if activeworkbook = a, use b.

Something stupid like that.

thanks for trying to help.
nothing a brain transplant can't cure ?:-)

George