Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dick Kusleika[_3_] Dick Kusleika[_3_] is offline

Default Querytable naming cells

Ray

When I run the queries to populate my spreadsheet there
are about 74 cells that are being named. Everday I run
these queries the cells are being renamed with another
dynamic name the query is applying. I will run these
queries every business day so eventually I will have 250+
days creating 74 names a day. I am affraid that
eventually the routine could create so many named cells
that the sheet will blow up. Will it hurt to have a
constantly growing list of defined names?

Most definitely. How are you "running" the queries? In a macro using
QueryTables.Add?

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel