Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter Ostermann Peter Ostermann is offline

Default Wrong data format?

"K Dales" wrote:

Create either a Worksheet_Change() event procedure or a CommandButton with

_Click() event procedure that has code to do the following:
a) read the cell value you need to convert
b) apply the conversion routine (dependent on the coding scheme of the
system you are pasting to. You may need to write a VBA function that

reads
each character and applies the code translations).

Hello K. Dales,

I like to start decent. I will create a button that copies
the active cell into the "background", then converts it
into EBCDIC.

After, I will position the curser manually into the right field
of the mainframe mask and then just "paste" there
using "CTRL - V"

If that ever would work, then I would go ahead later.

Can you help me with a code example just for the conversion to "EBCDIC "?
And say also , where the cell-content is stored, if it would have been just
copied by "CTRL - C"? How can I address this place by VBA for to
replace the content? Thanks.

Best Regards
Peter Ostermann

---