Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Fable[_14_] Fable[_14_] is offline

Default Lookup table value

Hii Vonner,

Extra info I left out, place a False after 0(zero), why? your query ma
not be in desending order therefore returing 0(zero).

=INDEX(sheet1!$B:$B,MATCH(CONCATENATE$B138,C$136), sheet1!$A:$A,0,FALSE

the reason why I used a CONCATENATE formula is the creative part o
this formula, I had too merge the criteria in order to search th
information I wanted since LOOKUP / INDEX only allows 1(one) looku
item. In my case it was date and market segment I merge/CONCATENATE, i
looks like this 09/15/04CORP since this value was unique in the databas
it allowed me to "lookup" and return row "2" (3,4,5 etc) which contain
the information I wanted. Hopefully this helps!

Fabl