Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ty Williams[_2_] Ty Williams[_2_] is offline

Default Modifying many cells with find/replace without losing unique data. pls help

Hi,

Perhaps it is easier to explain what I am trying to do...

IF('New Look Nil Reports'!B43=1,"NIL","NON")

Basically the above is how it is at present, checking if a sheet has a
one in B43.

I need to do the following

=+IF(Z7=1," ",IF('New Look Nil Reports'!B43=1,"NIL","NON"))

Whereas the Z7 relates to the cell to the left; this will then show a
blank (a space actually) in the cell, rather than the NIL or NON
label.

My problem is that the B43 section is not sequential, so I cannot use
a fill; the next line may be B12 or B65.

So I will need to find and replace

+IF(
with
+IF(LEFTCELL=1,"",IF(

Where LEFTCELL relates to the command/function to check the cell to
the left.

and I will need to add a close parenthesis at the end.....

Otherwise I will have to enter it all manually, and CRTL/SHIFT+ENTER
for the curly brackets as it is a array...

I am learning slowly, but this eludes me..

Many thanks

Ty