Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Set Path for GetOpenFilename

Martin,

And if you don't have a drive mapping, try this:

Quote from Tom Ogilvy:

Here is some code frequently posted by Rob Bovey in response to this
question:

Private Declare Function SetCurrentDirectoryA Lib "kernel32" _
(ByVal lpPathName As String) As Long

Public Sub bSetUNCPath(ByVal szPathToSet As String)
Dim lReturn As Long
lReturn = SetCurrentDirectoryA(szPathToSet)
End Sub

This sets the specified Network Path as the Default.
Then use Application.GetOpenFileName

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP
"Martin Los" wrote in message
I want to set the path to a network for the following
macro:

Sub OpenMultipleFiles()
Dim fn As Variant, f As Integer
Dim MyPath As String

MyPath = "\\network\subdirectory\"
ChDir MyPath
fn = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel-files,*.xls", _
1, "Select one or more files to open", , True)
If TypeName(fn) = "Boolean" Then Exit Sub
For f = 1 To UBound(fn)
Debug.Print "Selected file #" & f & ": " & fn(f)
Workbooks.Open fn(f)
MsgBox ActiveWorkbook.Name, , "Active Workbook
Name:"
ActiveWorkbook.Close False
' close the active workbook without saving any
changes
Next f
End Sub

However, the GetOpenFilename dialog does NOT go to the
network. Can anybody tell me how to solve this?

TIA

Martin