Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nacho Nachev Nacho Nachev is offline

Default Restoring the current result of failing user-defined functions

This works excellent for me. Unfortunately, this won't work if the UDF if
part of formula expression. For instance:

= Max(MyFunc(A1), 10)

If I find the root Caller for the whole formula expression, this will work
fine for me. Does anybody have any suggestion?

Thank you,
Nacho

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
You will have to checkmark the iteration checkbox in the calculate tab of
Tools=Options to allow circular references.

Tom Ogilvy

"Nacho Nachev" wrote in message

I discover that I can use Application.Caller property to identify the

UDF
caller cell, but when retrieving then I have circular reference error.

Any
idea how I can avoid this problem?

Thank you,
Nacho

"Nacho Nachev" wrote in message
Hello,

In my project I create user-defined functions in Excel. Some of them

do
I/O
operations that are not always available. In such case a user-defined
function returns #INVALID value to the result cell.

My question: If there is previously calculated value in the result

cell,
is
it possible to restore it in case my functions are not able to return

value at a time? Is there some API or technique that can be used?

I understand that there could be certain complications - for example

in
case
the UDF is part of a formula.

Thank you for your time!