Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Restoring the current result of failing user-defined functions

You will have to checkmark the iteration checkbox in the calculate tab of
Tools=Options to allow circular references.

Tom Ogilvy

"Nacho Nachev" wrote in message

I discover that I can use Application.Caller property to identify the UDF
caller cell, but when retrieving then I have circular reference error. Any
idea how I can avoid this problem?

Thank you,
Nacho

"Nacho Nachev" wrote in message
Hello,

In my project I create user-defined functions in Excel. Some of them do

I/O
operations that are not always available. In such case a user-defined
function returns #INVALID value to the result cell.

My question: If there is previously calculated value in the result cell,

is
it possible to restore it in case my functions are not able to return a
value at a time? Is there some API or technique that can be used?

I understand that there could be certain complications - for example in

case
the UDF is part of a formula.

Thank you for your time!

Nacho