Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
agarwaldvk[_30_] agarwaldvk[_30_] is offline

Default Custom Functions in C/C++ against in VBA

Hi Charles

Appreciate your quick response!

I am quite happy to use a complete C solution as you suggested
However, the central issue here is how do I pass the contents of
range of cells to a C function? This is further complicated by the fac
that this range can be multiple area range (with any number of rang
areas hence better suited for a named range with multiple range area
on one worksheet). Additionally, the cells even in one column ca
contain mixed data types. So what I have done is created a named rang
emcompassing the range of cells of interest.

With this being the fundamental requirement, is there a way to pass th
address of this Excel range to a C function. If there is, please let m
know for I do not know how to. To get around this limitation of mine
what I was trying to do was read the contents of each of the cells i
the covered range (for I am advised that Excel VBA can read cell
pretty quickly) and store them in a VBA array of variants and then pas
this array to a C function and then harness the processing speed of C t
return the post calculation value.

Any further suggestions and does this now make the requirements an
clearer?

Best regards

Deepak Agarwa