Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Lloyd Don Lloyd is offline

Default Visual Basic/Excel Changing font olor index in part of a string

Hi,

For starters:
ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=5).Font.ColorIndex = 4
The above will make the first 5 characters green.
Adjust Start, Length and ColorIndex as necessary.

regards,
Don

"Al Gee" <Al wrote in message
I wish to change the font color index in part of a string (using visual
basic) in the same fashion that we can change a highlighted part of a
string
in the editing bar.

VB seems to require that the characters to have their font color index
changed have to be an entire selected cell.