Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Eric Schneider Eric Schneider is offline

Default Macro: Row transposing; event on open vs. shortcut key

I have a macro that formats data from one sheet and places it into
another. I assigned the a shortcut key. When I execute the shortcut
key everything works great.

However, when I put the same Sub in the OnOpen event of the Excel
workbook (to save users the trouble of having to execute this macro
manually everytime they open the file) it DOESN'T work. Rather
several of the columns are transposed and the row mapping from one
sheet to the other isn't exact either.

I'm at a loss. If the exact same code is being executed it should
either work by shortcut key AND OnOpen event...or else neither of them
should work.

Is this a known Excel bug of some type?

Any comments appreciated...
Thanks,