Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Recalculating cell

Hi
use the range for which you want to calculate as parameter (Though I
still think you're better with using worksheet formulas)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Dennis Allen" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Well, That's just one case. I'll need to add other functions, such

as:

Public Function LastPM()
LastPM = 0
i = 11
Do While i <= 510 And Cells(i, "B") 0
If Cells(i, "A") < "" Then
LastPM = Cells(i, "B")
End If
i = i + 1
Loop
End Function

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message

Hi
use
=LOOKUP(2,1/(B11:B5100),B11:B510)

no need for VBA

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Dennis Allen" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi. I have a workbook with 400 sheets. Each sheet contains an

area
for log entries (A11:D510). (B11:B510) has the log dates. In
one cell I want to display the latest log entry date. I was

thinking
B4=LatestFix(), as in:

Public Function LastFix()
LastFix = 0
i = 11
Do While i <= 510 And Cells(i, "B") 0
LastFix = Cells(i, "B")
i = i + 1
Loop
End Function

Problem. Suppose the user adds a new entry. How can I get B4 to

recalulate LatestFix()? What's the best way? I was thinking
Worksheet_Change(), but I have 400 sheets. Unless you can somehow

select all sheets and edit all their Worksheet_Change() at once,
that's a lot of work. Any advice would be helpful...Dennis