Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Save and Close Pop Up Box...After Save and Close In VBA

the only time you get this is if you use saveas rather than save. If you
save a file, Excel doesn't raise this message. You note that save does not
take a filename while saveas does. Whether it saves twice or 20 times, you
don't get the prompt with Save. Perhaps you think you are using save - but
if you check your code I suspect you will find you are using saveas in at
least one of the routines that are being fired.

Tom Ogilvy

"Celtic_Avenger " wrote in
message ...
thanks......Tried that, but I think it is trying to resave when it
reached the

ActiveWindow.Close

part of the code.

anyway to stop the "A file with that name allready exists...." pop up
box?

Thanks

Celtic_Avenger

---