JulieD

Hi

you can use the SUMIF function
=SUMIF(Sheet2!A:A,"apples",Sheet2!B:B)

Cheers
JulieD

"Jamesy" wrote in message
Hello,

There might be a simple answer here but either way I need help, let me
explain my problem. For example "SHEET1" has granny smith apples in A1,
"SHEET2" has granny smith apples located in A:A (more than one entry) and
price per granny smith apple in B:B. So an example might be granny
smith -
10p or on another row the granny smith apple might be 15p, now what I need
from sheet1 is the total value of granny smith apples. So I guess I
require
a lookup function that sums values, is this process possible?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
James.