Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Myrna Larson Myrna Larson is offline

Default Vba - Checking if running

Not sure what you mean by "running"? Workbooks don't "run", but macros do.
Does this workbook contain a macro that runs for a long time? If so, I don't
think any other code can run until it finishes.

OTOH, did you mean you want to know if the workbook is open? If so,

Dim sTemp As String
On Error Resume Next
sTemp = Workbooks("Test.xls").Name
If Err.Number < 0 Then
'code here to open the workbook
end if
On Error Goto 0

If you are averse to error trapping, you could set up a loop to go through all
open workbooks, checking their names:

Function TestIsOpen() As Boolean
TestIsOpen = False
For w = 1 To Workbooks.Count
If Workbooks(W).Name = "Test.xls" Then
TestIsOpen = True
Exit For
End If
Next w
End Function

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 11:25:20 -0500, ajliaks
wrote:

Hi all,

How can I check if excel application "Test.xls" is already runnig.
I need to run a macro which needs this book open, but it may be running
before macro activates itself.

must be something like:

aplication.running ("Test.xls") = true ...

Thanks,
Aldo.

---