Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Insert Formula

In one field I have an change module that, amound other
things sets the value of a field in my spreadsheet if
certain conditions exist to a vlookup formula. The line of
code is as follows:

Worksheets(1).Range("C2").Formula = "=if(B2="" , "",VLOOKUP
(B2,Z2:AA9,2))"

What ends up in the cell is the following:

=IF(B2=" , ",VLOOKUP(B2,Z2:AA9,2))

which evaluates to false instead of doing what I need and
retrieving the desired value.

The insert worked correctly until I addded the if
statement. I have validation built in to prevent a null or
empty value in the lookup cell but I needed to handdle it
initially in case the user had not actually chosen a
value.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!