Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dick Scratcher Dick Scratcher is offline

Default Missing References

Thank you Tom,

I've already done all that.

Before I posted my question I explored Google, I explored books, I even
looked in the Excel "Help" file.

I think you might be telling me what I already know - I'm UTCWAP.

Thank you,
Dick

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

You can try

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Application.EnableEvents = False
' open the file

I don't know if this will suppress that particular message or not, but it is
the only thing I can think of to try.

Tom Ogilvy

"Dick Scratcher" wrote in message
Thanks Tom.

A bit more info: I've got loads of files to review so I was trying to
automate the process. I really need to find a VBA solution because it's

only
the odd file that this related to.

Dick

"Dick Scratcher" wrote:

For my sins I have to open other users workbooks.

Most are okay but with some I get compile errors because of missing
references in VBA. These are caused because I don't have the same (add

in)
libraries as the users - this is a cost issue (Reuters and Bloomberg).

Opening the files at the users machines is, I regret to say, not an

option.
I'm stuck with my PC and not all the correct libraries.

Does anyone know of a way to suppress these compile errors?
I've turned off events, calculation, display alerts, and even the garden

tap.

Love
Dick