KL

Hi trumpy81,

As far as I know, LOOKUP only works correctly if the lookup range is sorted
in ascending order 1,2,3, etc. or a,b,c,etc. If you need to lookup in an
unsorted range then you can use VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP (both with the fourth
argument set to 0 or False) or MATCH.

Regards,
KL

"trumpy81" wrote in message
GDay All,

Can anyone tell me why the folling function is not working correctly.

=LOOKUP(MIN(R10C4:R63C4),R10C4:R63C4,R10C3:R63C3)

The function works only if the lowest value falls within certain cells,
but returns #N/A if the lowest value is in another cell.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

--
Regards
trumpy81

*** Please remove the `_ spam _' trap before replying to this message ***