Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jorge Rodrigues Jorge Rodrigues is offline

Default Formula for Running total

Ok, Crystal, never mind. Perhaps is difficult to get the file... Follows the
hint, I hope you understand:
Col B ColC
40 In C1 put: =B1 (Result: 40)
5 In C2 put: =IF(B2="";"";SUM($B$1:B2)) (Result: 45)
20 In C3 paste the formula below (Result:65)
C4,C5 ..... with the same formula.
So, when you put in ColB a number, in ColC must appear the YTD total.

Regards.
Jorge

"Crystal" escreveu na mensagem
Im Sorry Jorge how do i get the attached sheet?

"Jorge Rodrigues" wrote:

Hi, Crystal,
Please take a look at the attached sheet. I hope it helps...
Regards.
Jorge
"Crystal" escreveu na mensagem
Ok I am a Dispatcher for a local Police Agency and my Boss has given

me a
task. We have to keep a daily running total of all calls and type of

call.
What I need help on is finding the formula that would do the

following. In
Column A I have the Type of Calls, In Column B I have the Present

Day's
Total
Calls, and in Column C I need the running YTD Total. At first I

thought
the
formula would be =YTD+B2 but it turned out that it does not keep a

RUNNING
total. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!