Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GenerallyConfused GenerallyConfused is offline

Default changing a function script

Thanks again, I'll let you know after I test it tomorrow.

Jimmy

"sebastienm" wrote:

Hi,
Your dates are in the 'mmddyy' format, therefore something like:
Name:="I:\REPORTS\Fairfield\c_" & Format(date()-1, "mmddyy") & ".xls"
and
NewName:= "I:\REPORTS\Fairfield\c_" & Format(date(), "mmddyy") & ".xls"

(not tested though)
Regards,
Sebastien

"GenerallyConfused" wrote:

sebastienm, thank you very much for your post. It is quite helpful. Do you
know of any way to make the first date automatically run as yesterday's date,
and the second date automatically run as today's date without using a prompt
to have the current user enter the two dates manually. I have tried using
the "today" &
"today-1" functions, but they don't seem to work in the macro.

Thanks again for your help

jimmy

"sebastienm" wrote:

also, programmatically, if really needed:
ActiveWorkbook.ChangeLink Name:="I:\REPORTS\Fairfield\c_090204.xls", _
NewName:= "I:\REPORTS\Fairfield\c_090304.xls", _
Type:= xlExcelLinks

Regards,
Sebastien