Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
robertpbrady robertpbrady is offline

Default How do I create a "Jeopardy" game for my students as a study tool.

I am an instructor of Army Combat Medics and I would like to create a game
that is formatted to play like the TV show "Jeopardy" whereby my students see
a panel of topics with associated point values corresponding to increasingly
tough questions. When I, as the moderator, click on the point value they have
chosen, I would like for the question to appear on the screen. Besides this,
I was wondering if there was a way to keep score based on two teams of
players?
Currently I use Excel 2000 (ver 9.0.6926) with all the topics listed at the
column headings and the point choices (100-1000) underneath. When a student
asks for a specific value, for example "topic A for 300 points", I look up in
my study guide for the question I have chosen for that value and ask him the
question and he gives the answer out loud. If he gets it correct I use the
background color button to highlight that block for his team color and add
the points on the board.
Although this method is working it would present a more professional
appearance and a more fun atmosphere to have all of these actions included in
the program. Can anyone suggest anything to help?