Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default how do I autofill within a formula

Hi
try:
A2 =$A$1+($A$1*0.05*ROW(1:1))
and copy down. This will lead to
*0.05
*0.1
*0.15
*0.2
*0.25

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

HodgeHJ wrote:
I am trying to create a formula I can use to autofill based on and
increasing percent plus the origional value.
Ex.
A1 100
A2 =$A$1+($A$1*.05)
A2 =$A$1+($a$1*.10)

I want to autofill causing the .05 and .10 to increment to .20, .25
etc.
All I can get it to do is repeat the .05 and .10 values. Am I

missing
something here? (no smart comments please) My temp solution was to
create another row I could autofill with the % values and use a
relative cell reference.
A2 =$A$1+($A$1*A3) A3 .05
Not very elegant though. Is there a way to avoid the additional
column and increment the value in the formula?
Thanks,
HodgeHJ