Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jack Schitt Jack Schitt is offline

Default Excel Beginner - Need Help with Looping Operation

Do you need it to overwrite the original data? Normally you would be happy
for it to do the calculation on that data but put the result somewhere else
in the workbook.

--
Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears
"phoenixstar " wrote in message
Found this forum and figured it would be the best place to ask what is
probably considered an easy problem to solve for most of you.

Have a set of data that is 80 columns wide by 30 rows. I am performing
calculations on the data as such:

Starting at the bottom left (Cell A80 for basic reference purposes), I
need to continue performing the calculuation to the right in that row
until the value reaches 0 or below, then jump up to the row above for
the next calculation. For instance, perform the calculation at A80,
B80, C80, then when you reach D80, the value is less than 0, so you
continue the calculation at D79, E79, F79, etc...

For the life of me, I have looked through the basic functions provided
in Excel, and can't figure out how to do this. Anybody have any ideas?
Your help is very much appreciated.

---