Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Eliezer Eliezer is offline

Default "Reading" Excel VBA checkboxes and their captions

I have a loop that calls this once for each of 44 sales
reps names, passing the name of the rep to this function
as an argument. There are 44 corresponding checkboxes
("ctl") which I want to "read" (i.e. determine whether
they're checked or not) and output a "true" or "false"
depending on whether the user checked that particular
rep's checkbox.

I have the following code:

Function isDesiredRep(repName As String) As Boolean
'loop through all rep names and read their respective
checkbox;
' if the rep's checkbox is checked, return TRUE
Dim ctl As Control
For Each ctl In mainForm.repsNames_frame.Controls
If ctl.Value = True And ctl.Caption = repName Then
isDesiredRep = True
Else
isDesiredRep = False
End If
Next
End Function

On the line that begins with "If ctl.value", I am getting
the error "Object doesn't support this property or method."

What am I doing wrong, please?

Thanks,
Eliezer