Bob Phillips

How about just plain old vanilla

=ISNA(H1)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Frantic Excel-er" wrote in
message ...
Joe,

the problem occurs when the value in E isn't in my lookup table. Here is

my
code:
With ActiveCell
RowCount = .Offset(0, -1).End(xlDown).Row - .Offset(0, -1).Row + 1
.FormulaR1C1 = _

"=IF(RC[-4]=""C"",VLOOKUP(RC[-3],USB,2,FALSE),VLOOKUP(RC[-3],FAS,2,FALSE))"
.AutoFill .Resize(RowCount)
End With

the formula is actually an if statement with 1 vlookup if column "C" has a
"C" in it, and another vlookup if it doesn't have a "C" in it. So, I am

not
sure where the #N/A is coming from, but I believe it is because the value
isn't in the lookup table.

AAAAAGGGGHHHHH....

Any more ideas...I really appreciate the help....

"Joe" wrote:

if(iserror(vlookup(blah blah blah),1,vlookup(blah blah blah))

basically, this changes teh result of the formula to 1 instead of #N/A.

Now
you can do a conditional format on the 1.

I'd say make the 1 a text string, but vba doesn't like quotes

"Frantic Excel-er" wrote:

Hi,

I have a Vlookup function in column H of a worksheet (which is written

in
code as part of a macro). I want to do conditional formatting if the

vlookup
result is #N/A (which I would also like to be part of my macro). I

need to
do this for all the cells in column H, not just one specific cell. In

the
worksheet, I may or may not have a #N/A to highlight. Any help would

be
GREATLY APPRECIATED...as I have been trying to figure this out for 3

hours
now.

Thanks,
Sara