Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default formatting cells

1)
Dim rng as Range
set rng = Range(Cells(1,2),Cells(rows.count,2).End(xlup))
for each cell in rng
if instr(1,cell,"etc",vbTextCompare) 0 then
cell.clearcontents
end if
Next

2)
are the rows sorted so that any duplicates would be next to each other?

Tom Ogilvy

"dan graziano" wrote in message

I would appreciate it if you could tell me how to do the VB code for
these:

1) Start at row 1. Go to column 2 and check if it contains the words
"etc". If it does have these words, blank out the cell to make it
empty. If it doesn`t have these words, do nothing. Do this for every
row of the dataset which contains data.

2) Go through a data set and delete all rows which are duplicates. A
duplicate is when a row`s contents in columns 1,2 and 3 are identical to
that in columns 1,2 and 3 of another row.

Thanks.

Dan