Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Kill variables

Just set them to false as the last thing your macro does or as the first
thing it does (which might be better).

bfirst = False
bdum = False

Yes, variables declared as public at the top of a general module will retain
their values until the workbook is closed or you do a reset in the VBE.
Tom Ogilvy

"Hari" wrote in message

Im using If then else condition in a series of macros, where macros may

call
one another.

I have created some boolean variables (defined as Public type) whose

values
will determine (used in If condition) whether the macros specified will

run
or not.

Presently once I have run the macro and exited out of it and if I go to

the
worksheet and make some changes and then run the macro again, the macro
doesnt get executed because my if condition evaluates as false (Basically
anytime I make a change in the worksheet my If should evaluate to true
only - Im using worksheet_change event.). I found out that it happens
because of the boolean variables being defined as public they sort of

retain
the value from the last running of the macro.(Is that possible?)

I want to know if I can kill the variable values (from the last run) so

that
next time I make changes in the worksheet and run the macro my If

condition
is not bypassed.

Regards,
Hari