Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark K[_4_] Mark K[_4_] is offline

Default Serching column/range for specified data

Hi,

I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to excel, so please bear wit
me.

What I want is to be able to search down a column or in a range for th
first occurance of a specific piece of data, then use another cell fro
the same row in a calculation.

For example - Column A contains a date, column B contains misc. data
column C contains the data that needs to be searched. So I want to b
able to search down column C until the first occurance of the numbe
"1" is found, then use the date in column A of the same row t
calculate the number of days between that and a date specifie
elsewhere in the workbook.

Is this possible? If yes, how?

I have a lot more I would like to know but I think this will do fo
starters.

TIA to all