Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Erik Erik is offline

Default looping through and organizing a large amount of data

I import data into excel sheet1 from an outside source. The data is a list
of names with corosponding events, dates, and instructors. Currently, I sort
through the list manually to organize the information into a calendar type
tracking sheet in sheet2. Column A is a list of 18 different names that
repeat depending on the number of events completed. Columns C,D, and G are
the event, date and instructor respectively. The number of rows in sheet1
increase daily due to each of the 18 people completing more events. In
sheet2, I have the list of 18 names in column B every other row starting at
row 3(3,5,7...37). D1 to EV1 are calendar days (ie. 1 jul to 26 nov).
Right now, I look at the name, event, instructor, and date in sheet1 and
place the event and instructor under the date in the two rows corrosponding
to the appropriate name in column B. For example: Sheet1 Row 1 has frank
completed event1 with mark on 1 jul. In sheet2, lets say frank is in B3.
Therefore, event1 would go under 1jul in row3 and mark would go under 1 jul
in row4.
I have been digging through vba books for a couple of weeks trying to figure
out how to do this with no success. If anyone has any suggestions I would
greatly appreciate them so that I can stop beating my head against the
screen. Thanks.
Erik