Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default How could i enable insert picture from VBA?

I don't think so, but what I was suggesting was that you provide the
interaction with the user. Get their selection from getopenfilename for
example. Then, unprotect, import and position the image, reprotect, i.e.
the code never quits to allow the user access to the sheet. So your
exposure would be minimal.

You may be able to use finer granularity in xl2002 or xl2003 ( I don't have
a copy handy/installed) but they offered much richer levels of protection.
But I doubt they leave the menus enabled - could be wrong however.

Tom Ogilvy

"jose luis " wrote in message
Thank you Tom for your prompt response (as always!!).

Let explain my problem in a better way. I have a sheet that is
protected, has some stuff that needs to be untouchable by the user, but
i would like to allow her/him to be able to change some text and a Logo.
The solution already given (thanks again) unprotects the entire sheet.
Is there a instruction that let me just give her/him the opportunity to
enable the Insert/Picture/from file command, without giving her/him the
chance to play around?

Best Regards

Jose Luis

---