Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mcneilius[_5_] Mcneilius[_5_] is offline

Default Newbie Macro Query - Clearing Variables and Assigning a Variable

Hi all

I have a couple of appallingly easy newbie questions, that I wondere
if somebody could help me with? I have a feeling I'm close, but
can't make it work...

1. I have a macro performing a summation with the results in
variable. It works fine, unless I execute it twice - presumably I nee
a way of clearing the variables after the code has run? What synta
would I need to use for this?

2. I wish to specify a worksheet to activate in the macro by using th
contents of a cell. For example, if I enter "October" in Cell S4,
want the macro to activate the worksheet "October". I've trie
something like the code below, without success. I also though
INDIRECT may help, but I'm unsure how to use it in a macro. Coul
anyone suggest how I might do this?

Dim MonthText

Worksheets("Budget").Activate
Range("S4") = MonthText