Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Bovey Rob Bovey is offline

Default Can we disable Excel's default toolbar?

"JK" wrote in message news:PU9_c.683$Va5.412@trnddc01...
My application deletes Excel's toolbar and creates my toolbar. However,
Excel (at least with 2003) retains one icon on my tool bar to the

immediate
left that allows the user several options I don't want the user to select.

Is it possible, when creating my toobar, to disable this Excel icon and/or
selections?

Hi Jim,

This icon can be removed by protecting your workbook. It's the Windows
protection option that does the trick. It doesn't matter whether or not you
protect the Structure.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals