Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JimS JimS is offline

Default Multiple Workbook Data Combination

Hello Mike
I have done something similiar but I put the data into an Access table
first. I took the workbooks and opened each one up. I had to use cell
locations as the templates didnt use range names. I used counters to walk
thru the spreadsheet and create an ADO record set. I wrote the data into
Access and into a specific table. I then used querys to clean up the data
and remove any problem data. This was much easier than trying to code VBA
to find these issues and deal with them. I was then able to import the data
into a master Excel workbook and into a SQL table which was a requirement.

Good Luck

"Mike Reed" wrote in message

I am interested in taking data from specific cells in multiple workbooks and
compiling data into one worksheet. I have about 500 workbooks each
containing one worksheet that was created using the same template. If more
information is needed please let me know.

Thanks,
Mike