Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter[_21_] Peter[_21_] is offline

Default application.worksheetfunction. <function (syntax)

I'm a liar, I just applied it the wrong way. How can an answer from Chip
Pearson possibly not work ?

Sorry

"Peter" schreef in bericht
Thanks for the tip, Chip. Unfortunately I get the error Expected:

Expression
when I try this.

Peter

"Chip Pearson" schreef in bericht
Peter,

Try something like

MyValue = Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf( _
Worksheets("X").Range("B2:B2000"),"*212*")

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Peter" wrote in message
Dear all,

What would be the correct syntaxis if wanted to use the outcome

of the
worksheetfunction countif in a range that goes from b2 to b2000

on a sheet
named "X" and the outcome should contain the number of cells

that contain
the value 212.

I think it would look a little like this

MyValue = Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf( range ,

Simply recording a macro that places the countif-function

directly into a
cell with all arguments required for my goal does not work.

Thanks for your help

Peter