Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
HotRod HotRod is offline

Default If Cell1 has something Cell2 is blank?

How do I apply this to each row in the sheet, so that each row operates as
it's own group? Please don't tell me I need to re-write the code for each
row.

THANKS for the help

"mangesh_yadav " wrote in
message ...
in that case you need a macro something like this

If (Target.Row = 1) Then ' for row 1
If (Target.Column = 1 And Target.Column <= 6) Then ' for
columns 1 to 6
If (Target.Value = "x") Then
For i = 1 To 6
If (i < Target.Column And ActiveSheet.Cells(1, i)
= "x") Then
ActiveSheet.Cells(1, i) = ""
End If
Next i

note that I put a blank incase a new x is entered and there is already
an x before

- Mangesh

---