Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alan Beban[_2_] Alan Beban[_2_] is offline

Default Syntax when referring to self

Jack Schitt wrote:

General syntax question:

This does not work:

With Cell_Object
If .Value = 0 And Not(IsEmpty(.) Then .EntireRow.Delete Shift:=xlUp
End With 'Cell_Object

I am looking for a general way to refer to the object that is the subject of
the "With ..." statement within that "With .." "loop".
In the above example it would be substituted for the "." contained within
the "IsEmpty() expression.
But that is just an example and I am looking for a general method.

I tried Not(IsEmpty(.me)) but whilst that compiled OK it failed on run time
(error 438, does not support property or method)

Thanks

Why doesn't .Value = 0 already negate IsEmpty(Cell_Object)?

Alan Beban