Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kris Kris is offline

Default Linking a multiple page spreadsheet into PowerPoint

I have a dynamically updated Excel spreadsheet that is
included in a PowerPoint presentation. To try to make the
spreadsheet "look like" the page formatting of the
PowerPoint (colors, titles, etc.) I used the "publish as
web page" option for saving the spreadsheet. I can then
go in and edit the web page to use the colors, background
image, titles, fonts, etc. to match the PowerPoint slides
but as soon as I update the spreadsheet and republish
(autorepublish) it, I loose all of my page formatting.

It seems like there should be a "target" link on the web
page that can be referenced so it only replaces the
spreadsheet location of the page instead of replacing the
whole web page. If you don't do a "replace" the
autorepublish just appends the updated shreadsheet to the
end of the web page., ie. I would then have 2,3,4, and so
on copies of the spreadsheet on the single published web
page. I need to maintain the functionality of the
spreadsheet within the presentation.

I also just put a link in the PowerPoint presentation to
load the Excel spreadsheet but Excel does not allow a lot
of the page formatting available in other MS Office
applications -- not to mention limited font color
selection in Excel. -- I know too conscientious...

This is an internal corporate level presentation so the
data needs to be as current as possible.