Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default copy cell contents to a textbox 255 characters

You might be able to use this method:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q213802
XL2000: How to Copy Text to Text Boxes Using the Characters Method

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q148815
XL: How to Copy Text to TextBoxes Using the Characters Method

Tom Ogilvy

"mcadle " wrote in message
Hello all,

I have been searching for a solution for a long time but to no avail.
I have a complex workbook with multiple sheets. When a startup macro
is run it connects to my sql server and retrieves the relevant data.
My problem is this: One of the fields that is retrieved has more than
255 characters in it. It is a synopsis of proposals. It sometimes has
up to 5000 characters. The query, run by the macro, retrieves all of the
data regardless of string length. I need a way to copy or link this
cell to another sheet where the text will be autoformatted. I
currently have a textbox where I made the end user manually copy the
text but now the demand is for it to be automated. Does anybody have
any ideas at all?

I have done a straight control source link on the textbox to the
appropriate linked cell, but it only displays 255 char. I have tried a
macroed copy paste but if more than 255 char it causes an error. I am
at a loss now. Hopefully, somebody will have an idea or figure out
what I am doing wrong. As always, thank you for your time in advance.

Mark

---