Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Excel worksheets and VB .NET

it probably takes more code to check than to ignore the error

on error resume next
ActiveWorkbook.worksheets("SheetName").Name = "NewSheetName"
on error goto 0

dim sh as Worksheet
set sh = nothing
if you must check
on error resume next
set sh = ActiveWorkbook.worksheets("Sheetname")
On error goto 0
if not sh is nothing then
' sheet exists
Activeworkbook.worksheets("SheetName").Name = "NewSheetName"
End if

another approach is to loop through all the sheets to see if any has that
name.

Tom Ogilvy

"Christopher Kain" wrote in message
Hi, I need to conditionally rename a worksheet in an excel 2000 workbook.
I have the following piece of code:
application.excel.worksheets("SheetName").Name = "NewSheetName"

which works to rename it. However, if SheetName doesn't exist or has been
renamed the program throws and exception. How can I check to make sure

that
a sheet exists in the sheets collection?