Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] PhaseDragon@cox.net is offline

Default A1 style Range in programming

I would like to know if there is an easier way to accomplish the following:

Currently I am trying to clear blocks of cells across a spreadsheet but not
clear some columns between which have formulas. I am using a looping
structure currently and blanking each cell individually. While this works I
also realize that using a .Range("A1:B25").ClearContents works much much
faster.

Is there an easy conversion to convert a looped number to an A1 style range?

Specifically the loop is currently

For X=9 to 217 Step 4
For Y=11 to 34
Worksheets("Research").Cells(X,Y)=""
Next Y
Next X

Converting those blocks of cells to a range would be much faster.