Ron Bishop

Default Opening two separate instances of Excel

My users (who are accountants) use dual monitors and would like to open a
different Excel file on each monitor for the purposes of reviewing changes
between the two. I know that one method of doing this is by opening Excel
twice with its shortcut, then highlighting one Excel window and opening an
Excel file, then highlighting the other window and opening the other Excel
file. Unfortunately, the software that my users use to organize the Excel
files does not allow this to be done; it always opens every Excel file in the
first Excel window no matter which instance is highlighted. We had a similar
problem with Adobe Acrobat, but there is a command line switch that forces
Acrobat to open a new instance for each file.
Is there a similar switch for Excel, or some other method of forcing Excel
to open a new instance of itself for each file? We are running Excel 2003 on
Windows XP. Thank you in advance for your replies.