Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TK TK is offline

Default ListBox (finding Repost) (try to line up my example)

Hi:

In the following: Column A and B are used as ListBox Items.
C, D and E are supporting data
A B C D E
1 PickList Area Cost Acces. Cost
2 Plywood 32 1.00 .25 1.25
3 Patio Blk. 1 2.00 .15 2.15
4 Pavers 4.5 3.00 .35 3.35

In another part of the worksheet items can
be picked from the picklist and a formula
in column E calculates amountss needed.

A B C D E
Item Area Length Width Total
12 Plywood 32 8 8 2
13 Patio Blk 1 3 3 9
14 Plywood 32 4 8 1
15 Patio Blk 1 1 2 2
16 Patio Blk 1 22 2 44
17 Plywood 32 12 8 3

Then a =SUMIF will total the summed items.

A B C D
21 Item Amt Needed Cost Total
22 Plywood 6 ? =C22*B22
23 Patio Block 55 ? =C23*B23

The question is how do I refer back to the items' cost from C23.
In that case Plywood (cost = cell E3).
and then from C24 in that case Patio Block(cost = E4)

I have tried some if statements with loops but mine seem pretty clumsy.
Any guidance or example will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
TK