Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel macro: Speak on enter

I added a hyperlink to a worksheet via Insert|Hyperlink--I didn't use the
=hyperlink() worksheet function.

Then I could rightclick on the worksheet tab and select view code. I pasted
this in the code window:

Option Explicit
Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink)

On Error Resume Next
Application.Speech.Speak Target.TextToDisplay
On Error GoTo 0

End Sub

Gary Peitzmeier wrote:

I am attempting to create an excel macro that would "read"
a cell when a hyperlink is pushed. The macro is easily
recorded (eg. enter) and when the hyperlink that is
associated with the macro pushed I can see the cell move
but there is no "voice" reading the cell.
The macro script is:
sub read_cell()
'
'read_cell Macro
'Macro recorded 8/29/204 by Gary A . Peitzmeier M.D.
'

'
ActiveCell.Select
End Sub

It appears that the macro is set to go to the cell below
the active cell (eg my enter) but without the
"enter" command in the macro it will not read the text.

Is there anyway to set up this macro without learing about
visual basic?

If not possible is there any way that I could associate a
picture with a Function key (I have a separate program
that can be used to create macros that I could associate
with a function key.

The reason that I am doing this is to try to use a tablet
computer with only a stylus rather than needing a keyboard
for keyboard shortcuts.

thanks in advance. If you could e-mail a solution to
I would be most
apprecative.

--

Dave Peterson