Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Marston Marston is offline

Default Question for Alan on QuickSort

Alan -

Two questions:

1) I think I finally figured out why I'm having trouble sorting one of
my arrays using your great routine - but maybe you can confirm. Does
quicksort only work with arrays that are greater than 1D? I had an
array that was something as follows:

aRay(0) = "100000"
aRay(1) = "100100"
aRay(2) = "100200"
aRay(3) = "100250"
etc.

When I tried to used QuickSort with the following code:

QuickSort aRay, 1, LBound(aRay,1), UBound(aRay,1), True
I ended up getting a subscript out of range error on
the line:

X = SortArray((L+r)/2,col)

I'm getting ready to try creating a temporary array that will move my
array to

tempaRay(0,1) = aRay(0)
etc. in hopes that that will work...

Am I correct in my assumption?

2)

I saw in some old posts a routine called QSort by David Braden.
Do you have any knowledge of the difference from your routine and the
one included in your download in terms of speed sorting large arrays?