Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Hari[_3_] Hari[_3_] is offline

Default Programming to VBE

Hi Chip,

Why is it considered as unreliable and what does production code mean?

Regards,
Hari
India

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
There is no way, other than using SendKeys (unreliable and not
recommended for production code) to programatically protect and
unprotect the VBProject.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Ajit" wrote in message
I am working on a situation where there are couple of hundred

excel templates
with forms , modules etc. And i need to make a global change in

the code to
one of the procedure. I found some valuable information at

www.cpearson.com
which helped me pragramme to the Visual basic editor.

What i am doing is : I am opening the required template,

finding the
procedure which needs to be replaced , deleting that procedure

and adding a
new procedure with same name but different code.

All works well....except when VBE project is protected.

Could someone suggest a wayout to unprotect the project at

runtime ...make
the required changes and then again protect the project before

saving it.

Suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
--