Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Excel 97 gives error "Can't find project or library"

Hi Jim,

The use of Option Explicit is optional but *highly* desirable.

To set the default to non-use, in the VBE :

Tools | Options | Editor | Require Variable Declararion <== Uncheck

With Option Explicit invoked,

Range("A2:J345") = xlClearContents

errors because,syntatically, this should be:

Range("A2:J345").ClearContents

Regards,
Norman

"Jim Mooney" <Jim wrote in message
I did encounter a similar problem with Excel 2003 when using the Option
Explicit statement at the beginning of the program. I had a ClearSheet
subroutine which used statements like:

Range("A2:J345") = xlClearContents

This statement works when not using the Option Explicit statement but does
not when I use the Option Explicit statement. Does Excel 97 have this

option
automatically enabled and if so is there a way to disable it? Or is there
another solution to this problem?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Jim,

Try going into ToolsReferences in the VBE, and see if there is a

Missing
reference in the list. If there is, uncheck it. You may need to browse

for
the correct version to ensure that things still work.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jim Mooney" wrote in message
I don't know why Trim(...) function does not work in the
Excel programming section of a worksheet for Excel 97. I
also have a copy of Office 2003 and it works fine with
this version.

How do I convert this statement in Office 2003:

Name = Trim(Name)

to work in Office97? The error keeps coming up:

Can't find project or library

Trim is highlighted.