Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default "Last modified by" in a cell.

That is not what you asked for, you asked to get the name of the user who
made the last change in a cell. Now you are asking to update the worksheet
when a change is made. What exactly do you want?

Regards the other response from you, you are also looking at one of my
earlier posts. The guy wanted a date, that was why I suggested formatting
the cell as date (obvious eh?). It also needs a parameter saying what
property, I bet my post said =DocProp("Last Save Time")

Tell me exactly what you want, then I may be able to help. By this, I mean
what information you want, what will trigger it, will it be changes, if so
to what sheet, what cells, etc. Do you want the logon user rather than
volatile Excel name?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Serum " wrote in message
I'm actually having trouble now.

I'm supposed to throw this into a module right? Then I'm supposed to
input =lastauthor() into whatever cell I want this to show up right?
It's not working correctly.

I need something like the following:

Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As
Range)
Worksheets("PSR").Range("L1:Q1").Value = Format(Now, "mm/dd/yy
hh:mm:ss")

This changes a range of cells into the specific date/time format
everytime someone makes a change to the file. I would like to
basically achieve the same thing, but with the username changing when
changes are made as well. I hope I'm being clear.

The file will be shared on the network, with multiple people using it.
While I'm aware I can share the document and track changes that way, I'd
still like the last time it was modified, and by whom, visible on the
worksheet itself. I tried modifying the above code to possibly insert
=lastauthor() into a specific cell, but to no avail.

I should say I don't have much VB coding experience, well, coding
experience in general. Once again, I'd appreciate any help in setting
this up.

---